ss_blog_claim=7df8ca2b66fc0f273f487d2e1216e006

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Not Ready for a Winter Wonderland...

It's snowed here two out of the past three days.
My daughter has had to wear this getup:




on numerous occasions already.

The air smells cold and crisp each day, no longer the glittery golden of fall. The clouds are aching to burst with a big bout of this heavenly dandruff, flakes of condensed water, shaking it all over our withering foliage. I cross my fingers that this winter won't be like last, the ice-age encasement of our entire lives keeping us trapped in our homes, our driveways not plowed, our roads unmanageable and untraversable. Normal activity ceased and forced to conform to the whim of Mother Nature.

I wake to my car encased in an armor of frost crystals, ice-princess pretty but it doesn't feel quite as good as it looks. If we want to be comfortable on our drive, we have to ruin the beauty.

Days of fleeting warmth, walks on the green sipping iced tea and watching the girl run freely, so happy, have passed for this year. Farmer's Markets have shut down for the season. Foliage has come and gone, and I have missed the photos I promised myself to take. We get home and it is dark, too dark for the park, too dark to feel like you can do anything, too dark to spend that quality time on the swing-swing with Bendy Ruggles...

Am I the only one who isn't ready for the winter right now?

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

You are SO not the only one ready for winter. It's very cold and misty here today. Tomorrow and the next few days it is warming back up in to the mid 50s. I wish the weather would make up its mind already!!

Ok...ready for your letter?!

R!

Issa said...

Nope me too. There was a wall of ice on my car this morning, from a freezing rain. Not fun, am not ready.

Unknown said...

She's so cute! I am moving to San Diego around christmas time. Hooray for year-round-beautiful weather!

Elizabeth Channel said...

So jealous of your cool weather! That's an awesome coat! (She looks great in purple!)

Post a Comment

Leave some love...

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Jaden Brulotte is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.